Advanced Executive Safety Training
Students who have seen the difference training can make firsthand through participation in the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist® (COSS) program can take the next logical step in their careers with the COSM designation. COSM is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of 40 hours of specialized training.
After completing 40 hours of training and meeting the prerequisites outlined below, participants will receive the COSM credential.
In order to receive the final COSM certificate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of two years of safety, health or environmental work experience
- Essentials of Safety Management
- Competencies of Safety
- Leadership in Safety
- Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning for Safety
- Managing Risk & Safety Finances
- Technical Aspects of Managing Risks
- Financial Aspects of Managing Risks
- Communicating the Safety Message
- Defining the Safety Message
- Communication Methods
- Presenting to High-Level Executives
- Injury Management, Incentives & Discipline
- Discipline, Recognition & Incentives
- Claims & Post-Accident Management
FALL 2017—details coming soon
Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
University of Delaware
501 S. College Ave.
Registration takes place through the Delaware Valley Safety Council (DVSC).
- Download the DVSC registration form—This is a 1-page PDF to submit securely via the web, or to print out and submit by mail to Delaware Valley Safety Council, 510 Heron Drive, Suite 210, Swedesboro, New Jersey 08085.
For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.