Advanced Executive Safety Training
Next offering—September 23-27, 2019
Students who have seen the difference training can make firsthand through participation in the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist® (COSS) program can take the next logical step in their careers with the certified occupational safety manager (COSM) designation. COSM for occupational safety managers is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of 40 hours of specialized training.
After completing 40 hours of training and meeting the prerequisites outlined below, participants will receive the COSM credential.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program to occupational safety managers.
In order to receive the final COSM certificate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of two years of safety, health or environmental work experience
- Essentials of Safety Management
- Competencies of Safety
- Leadership in Safety
- Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning for Safety
- Managing Risk & Safety Finances
- Technical Aspects of Managing Risks
- Financial Aspects of Managing Risks
- Communicating the Safety Message
- Defining the Safety Message
- Communication Methods
- Presenting to High-Level Executives
- Injury Management, Incentives & Discipline
- Discipline, Recognition & Incentives
- Claims & Post-Accident Management
This intensive five-day program takes place in Newark, Delaware. Upcoming offerings:
- September 23-27, 2019, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
University of Delaware
501 S. College Ave.
The cost of this one-week program is $2,749. Registration takes place through the Delaware Valley Safety Council (DVSC). For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UD alumni discount or military discount is available, representing a 15% discount when enrolling in this program.
- GBCA (General Building Contractors Association, Inc.) members receive a 15% discount.
- Only one discount may be applied per enrollment.
- To apply discounts, contact Delaware Valley Safety Council directly at 1-856-558-8797 or email@example.com.
- REGISTER NOW!
Additional safety training programs:
For More Information