Diversity and Inclusion
Building an environment of inclusive excellence
Diversity resources at the University of Delaware
- Diversity at UD
- Graduate & Professional Education
- Office of Equity & Inclusion
- Center for the Study of Diversity
- Diversity Abroad
Professional and Continuing Studies serves the state, the nation and the world
As the adult and nontraditional learners’ portal to UD, Professional and Continuing Studies had an impact on more than 15,000 students through its programs last year. Click here to view the 2016 Professional and Continuing Studies Impact Report.
The Division of Professional and Continuing Studies is committed to diversity and inclusion in its services and programs. In partnership with the larger UD community, we work toward our common goal of making the University of Delaware a welcoming and inclusive institution.
In continuing support of UD’s and the Division’s goals for building an environment of inclusive excellence, the Division of Professional and Continuing Studies has completed or is working on the following initiatives:
- New programs addressing or supporting diversity
- Improving Cultural Competence for Health Care Professionals Certificate
- Career and Life Studies Summer Institute for Students with Intellectual Disabilities (in partnership with UD’s Center for Disabilities Studies)
- Diversity Leadership training in cooperation with UD’s Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Continuing Education faculty development seminar, in partnership with UD diversity experts
- Presenters included Dr. James Jones, Dr. Carol Henderson, and Jennifer Daniels
- Aimed to increase instructor awareness of diversity and inclusion as related to curriculum, teaching and learning styles, and classroom environments in noncredit professional development programs.
- Tracking system to identify staff participation in training, education, and public programs related to diversity and inclusion
- The Division will develop a feedback form for participants to share their reactions and potential impact on future attitudes and behavior.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes Statewide
- PCS diversity advocates Paula Germack and Dr. Soma Chakrabarti presented in an open forum to the leadership and lifelong learning members at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Delaware in Dover.
- OLLI Dover offered a public lecture on the African-American experience through entertainment in Southern Delaware as part of the opening of its new center.
- OLLI in Wilmington has developed an outreach to aged and disabled veterans in cooperation with the Veteran’s Administration Hospital.