Take advantage of expanding career opportunities in healthcare
FREE VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSIONS
Wed., August 1
Healthcare Risk Management (4 p.m.)
Clinical Trials Management (6 p.m.)
Thurs., August 2
Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education (4 p.m.)
Advanced Telehealth Coordinator (6 p.m.)
All times Eastern
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the healthcare industry is projected to add more jobs than any other industry in the next decade, and it continues to be among the fastest-growing industries in the economy. Jobs in healthcare are many and varied, and there are opportunities for healthcare professionals to transition into new roles within the field.
Even though the number of new jobs is expected to be in the millions, competition for those jobs will be tough. Healthcare professionals wishing to change roles—and other professionals looking to change careers—could potentially benefit by adding a new credential to their resume.
The University of Delaware’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies offers a variety of short-term programs in healthcare and related fields that are designed to provide an immediately applicable credential or skill set for career advancement.
Four online healthcare professional development programs will be highlighted in free virtual information sessions August 1 and 2. Most online info session participants will be able to take advantage of a 10 percent virtual info session discount if they register on the day of the virtual information session.
The virtual sessions provide high-level program overviews and give prospective students opportunities to ask questions of program faculty and learn more about these programs:
- Advanced Telehealth Coordinator—15 weeks, online, starts 8/27—Covers the foundations of telehealth for participants interested in utilizing telehealth for the delivery of healthcare, in order to leverage telehealth technologies to improve access to care and manage the business aspects of telehealth. Virtual Info Session Aug. 2, 6 p.m.
- Clinical Trials Management—14 weeks, online, starts 9/10—Aimed at healthcare professionals who want to learn more about clinical drug research and new product development process in today’s environment, for their current role or for career change. Curriculum aligns with Academy of Clinical Research Professionals certification exams. Virtual Info Session Aug. 1, 6 p.m.
- Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education—7 weeks, online, starts 9/10—Employment opportunities for clinical sleep educators exist beyond the traditional sleep center and may include occupational health, mental health, pulmonary, neurology, primary care, pediatrics, geriatrics, dental offices, home medical equipment companies and school nursing. Course approved for 10.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as well as credits for Respiratory Care, Sleep Technologist and Nursing Contact Hours. Virtual Info Session Aug. 2, 4 p.m.
- Healthcare Risk Management—10 weeks, online, starts 8/27—Comprehensive introduction to the field of healthcare risk management and patient safety, which holds opportunities for professionals from a variety of healthcare disciplines. Overview of risk management in healthcare settings, role of risk manager, legal and regulatory issues, and a thorough examination of the role of documentation and patient records. Virtual Info Session Aug. 1, 4 p.m.
Other healthcare-related programs starting this fall include:
- Nursing Home Administration Regulations—6 weeks, Newark, Del., starts 9/17—Comprehensive coverage of regulations governing long-term care facilities, highlighting interventions to improve the nursing, psychosocial and medical care affecting residents, families and staff. Relevant for professionals seeking licensure in the field of nursing home administration, or any professional involved in long-term care administration, senior care or aging services.
- RN Refresher—15 weeks, online, starts 8/29—For RNs who may need to reinstate their license, earn contact hours for license renewal or update nursing skills and knowledge to stay current in the field. Optional clinical hours. Approved for 94 Nursing Contact Hours.
In addition to the virtual info session participant discount, other program-specific scholarships and discounts may be available, including military discounts, group discounts, and various professional association discounts. Virtual info session participants will be able to take advantage of the 10 percent virtual info session discount if they register for an eligible program on the day of the virtual information session. Only one discount per course registration can apply. Discounts do not apply to the Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education Online Course.
All information sessions are free, but reservations are requested. For more information about PCS programs, or to RSVP, call 302-831-7600 or email PCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.