Courses & degrees   |   UD Online   |   Upgrade your career   |   Certificates   |   Advisement


Registration information

Tuition assistance for UD credit classes

Continuing Education students taking credit courses (CEND/nonmatriculated)

  • Private alternative loansNon-matriculated students are not eligible to use the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid form), so the only option is private alternative loans. The UD's Office of Student Financial Services certifies the loans. If you have any questions about funding your education, you call the ACCESS Center at 302-831-7600. Examples of student loan companies are listed below:

  • ScholarshipsFall 2015 application deadline—August 13, 2015

    • Continuing Education scholarships provide partial funding for a limited number of qualified applicants with financial need who complete the application and provide all the required documents by the deadline noted above. Proof of income is required as well as an unofficial transcript (if available) except for UD. Please download, print and fax or mail the application from the web. You can email Debbie Farris,, or call 302-831-2743 for more information.

Part-time matriculated students (admitted to a degree program)

Part-time matriculated students who are registered for 6 or more credit hours are eligible to apply for all federal and state need-based financial aid programs. Details are available through the University of Delaware Student Financial Services.

Over-60 tuition-free degree program

Delaware residents who are 60 years of age or older and who become matriculated University of Delaware undergraduate or graduate students may take University credit courses without paying tuition, on a space available basis. For details, visit the Over-60 Tuition-free Degree Program.

For more information about any of these options, please contact the ACCESS Center at 302-831-7600 or