GRE test prep course
Prepare for success on the GRE
GRE Strategy Workshop, FREE!
- Thurs., Feb. 16, 6-7:30 p.m., 006 Kirkbride Hall—RSVP NOW!
- Tues., May 9, 6-7:30 p.m., 006 Kirkbride Hall—RSVP NOW!
This free workshop will provide valuable information on preparing for the GRE. Our expert instructor will share details about exam administration, subject matter, and scoring methods. You will have an opportunity to walk through sample exam questions and ask our expert any questions. Whether you are just beginning to prepare or putting the final touches on your preparations, UD’s free GRE Strategy Workshop is sure to help! Register online for the free GRE Strategy Workshop!
UD students and alums receive a 15% discount!
GRE Test Prep Course
- February 28-March 23, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m.), $799—REGISTER NOW!
- June 6-29, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m.), $799
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) revised General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study. The GRE is required for a variety of master’s degree and doctoral degree programs. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. It is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree within the next five years. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE. Register now for the GRE Test Prep Class!
Join our emailing list to receive updates about the University of Delaware’s test prep programs when new information becomes available.
Quantitative Test topics include:
- picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test topics include:
- solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
Fees & discounts
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for first-generation college students enrolling in the ACT, SAT, GRE or LSAT test prep programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to submissions received three weeks prior to the applicable course start date. Click here for the online application.
The cost for the 8-day GRE Test Prep Course is $799.
Course number: 0729100
Several discounts are available; only one discount per registration may apply:
- UD alumni and student discount—A 15% discount available to graduates of UD undergraduate and graduate degrees, UD certificate programs and Professional and Continuing Studies noncredit programs; as well as current matriculated UD students (part-time or full-time). To apply discount, call 302-831-7600.
- Military discount—A 15% discount available to active members of the military as well as veterans. Please provide appropriate ID when registering. To apply discount, call 302-831-7600.
- Register now!
All workshops and courses take place on the University of Delaware’s Newark campus. Detailed classroom location information will be sent upon registration.
- Parking options include UD’s Center for the Arts parking garage and UD’s Trabant University Center parking garage (pay-to-park rates apply).
GRE Test Prep Course, February 23-March 17, 2016
325 Purnell Hall
This course meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Thursday, March 17, 2016