Exam guidelines and scheduling
UD Online students take their exams at the UD campuses in Newark, Dover or Georgetown; at other pre-approved testing locations in Delaware; or via ProctorU.com, a live, online exam proctoring service.
Student learning assessment
Students are required to complete direct learning assessments (e.g., exams, assignments) as well as the online course evaluation at the conclusion of the course
- Exams given in Georgetown and Dover are administered on the Wednesday of the exam week specified for each course, as submitted by each course instructor to UD Online before the semester begins. Please see the course timeline to determine when your course’s exam dates are due.
- Newark students take their exams at the UD Online Resource Center on a walk-in basis on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday during the exam week you designate.
- Students testing via ProctorU.com take their exams on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday during the exam week specified for each course, as submitted by each course instructor to UD Online before the semester begins.
Submitting your exam
In order for your course exams to be duplicated and distributed to non-Newark students enrolled in your distance learning class, course exams are due to the UD Online office three weeks prior to the scheduled exam date. The UD Online office will contact each instructor to request the coming semester’s exam dates. Please contact UD Online exam staff at 302-831-1500 or email@example.com with any exam questions.
Exam rescheduling policy
If a student does not take his or her exam as scheduled, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the course instructor for permission to reschedule the exam. No exam will be rescheduled by the UD Online office without approval from the instructor, which must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Faculty member’s name
- Student’s name
- Exam # being rescheduled
- Approval for student to reschedule exam
- Deadline for student to complete rescheduled exam
Graduate engineering exams are managed by Kathleen Werrell, Engineering Outreach, 302-831-4863, 302-831-2401, or email@example.com.