Develop essential test-taking skills
The ACT Live-Online Summer Institute is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for the ACT. Meeting once, twice or four times per week, the online format is a convenient way to develop essential test-taking skills. Students are provided with an in-depth review of the exam materials, real test questions, insight into strategies for succeeding on standardized tests and a comprehensive study plan.
ACT Live-Online Summer Institute is applicable to rising juniors who are taking the test for the first time, seniors and other high school students who have already taken the exam but wish to improve their scores, and younger students who are curious about or want early preparation for the ACT.
- What does the class include?
- Topics covered
- Financial aid available
- System requirements
- Course materials
- UD’s test-optional admissions policy
- Partnering with ETC
- Interested in UD graduate programs?
- For more information
- 20 hours of expert classroom instruction in a live-online format
- Course textbook: The Real ACT Prep Guide
- Real ACT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Online office hours available for 120 days after the course ends
- Module recordings by topic
- Recorded class sessions
- Unlimited access to recorded class sessions and other online resources for 120 days after the course ends
- Flexibility of attending from anywhere with minimal technology requirements
- Real-time interaction with expert instructors
- Class can be retaken within one year at a 50% discount
- Practice solution topics for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical questions.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General test taking
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time-management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
Need-based financial aid is available for students enrolling in the ACT, SAT, GRE, LSAT or GMAT test prep programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to submissions received at least three weeks prior to the applicable course start date. — APPLY NOW
For courses that are $500 or less, a refund minus a $25 processing fee will be given if the request is received in writing up to two full business days prior to the start date. No refunds will be awarded for withdrawals made less than two full business days before the program start date or after the program has started.
This program is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. The only requirements are high-speed internet access and speakers.
Course materials will be delivered to your preferred mailing address four to five business days after you have registered. Materials cannot be delivered to a P.O. box.
The University of Delaware adopted a test-optional admissions policy beginning with those applying to enter UD in fall 2017. The pilot program gives Delaware residents the ability to choose whether or not to submit their SAT/ACT scores as a part of their admission application.
The University of Delaware’s test prep institutes are offered in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC), a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, ETC helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the country. ETC provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.
Returning in 2022