Advanced Executive Safety Training
NOW ONLINE! — Next offering starts July 26
LEARN MORE — View this semester’s recorded info session
Students who have seen the difference training can make firsthand through participation in the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist® (COSS) program can take the next logical step in their careers with the certified occupational safety manager (COSM) designation. COSM for occupational safety managers is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of 40 hours of specialized training.
After completing 40 hours of training and meeting the prerequisites outlined below, participants will receive the COSM credential.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program to occupational safety managers.
In order to receive the final COSM certificate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of two years of safety, health or environmental work experience
- Essentials of Safety Management
- Competencies of Safety
- Leadership in Safety
- Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning for Safety
- Managing Risk & Safety Finances
- Technical Aspects of Managing Risks
- Financial Aspects of Managing Risks
- Communicating the Safety Message
- Defining the Safety Message
- Communication Methods
- Presenting to High-Level Executives
- Injury Management, Incentives & Discipline
- Discipline, Recognition & Incentives
- Claims & Post-Accident Management
Now offered online!
Virtual COSM® courses are offered in real-time during live classes with our expert COSS/COSM instructors. The course features the same innovative and rigorous curriculum as our in-person training with digital coursework that includes daily compliance moments and proctored exams.
Students will participate in a live 6-hour live-online sessions via Zoom videoconferencing on five weekdays. Live sessions begin at 8 a.m. Central Time (9 a.m. Eastern). After each session, students can work on their own time to complete exercises and readings. On the final day, students will participate in an additional two-hour Zoom session to complete final graded activities including the final exam, final compliance moment, and safety presentation.
Participation in the course will require the following:
- Computer with reliable internet access (laptops and desktop computers only)
- Preference: Dual monitor setup or use of multiple devices (computer and mobile device)
- Google Chrome browser
- Webcam and microphone
- Zoom videoconferencing
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Registration and fees
- ONLINE — July 26-27, Aug 2-3, 9, 2021 (Mondays and Tuesdays, 5 days total)
- The cost of the online COSM program is $2,289. Registration takes place through the Delaware Valley Safety Council (DVSC). For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or email@example.com.
- [Scheduling note — previously scheduled COSM training programs offered on-site in Newark, Delaware, have been canceled at this time.]
- UD alumni discount or military discount is available, representing a 15% discount when enrolling in this program.
- GBCA (General Building Contractors Association, Inc.) members receive a 15% discount.
- Only one discount may be applied per enrollment.
- To apply discounts, contact Delaware Valley Safety Council directly at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional safety training programs:
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Course
- SAF Frontline Safety Training (formerly called Safe Supervisor)
- back to Occupational Safety Training home
For More Information