Transform Your Career and Your Workplace as a Trained Occupational Safety Practitioner
NEXT OFFERING — August 15-19, Newark, DE
LEARN MORE — View a virtual info session presentation
- Designed as an entry level course, as well as for the experienced safety professional who needs a refresher
- Taught by an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer
Certified Occupational Safety Specialist® (COSS) is an intensive curriculum-based training course that is recognized nationwide for its rigorous standards and outstanding curriculum. Whether you want to transform your workplace or your career, the COSS course is the most effective method for the safety practitioner to achieve both.
Upon successfully completing the program, participants will obtain the nationally recognized COSS® designation which is endorsed by the American Association of Safety Councils and the American Council for Construction Education.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program.
The only prerequisite for the COSS program is a high school diploma or equivalent. Each class has a mix of non-experienced, first-time safety personnel as well as safety professionals who have been in the safety field for over 20 years. Regardless of the number of years of experience you have in safety, everyone leaves the COSS class with a wealth of knowledge!
On-site class format — Newark, Delaware
In-person COSS courses are offered at the University of Delaware Professional and Continuing Studies classroom at 501 South College Avenue, Newark, DE. On-site classes meet for one full week, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The COSS certification exam is administered on the final day of class.
Registration takes place through the Delaware Valley Safety Council (DVSC). For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-site participation guidelines — This on-site program follows UD health protocols designated for UD events, no matter the location on or off campus. Full vaccination continues to be encouraged for all participants. Guidelines are subject to change in accordance with UD health guidelines in effect at the time of this program’s start date. For details, visit https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/.
ON-SITE, NEWARK, DE – Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS)
SCHEDULE: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m (Eastern)
LOCATION: UD Professional & Continuing Studies, 501 S. College Ave., Newark, DE
REGISTRATION COST: $2,649, all course materials included. Lunch is included on Friday.
- August 15-19, 2022 — NEWARK, DE
- November 14–18, 2022 — NEWARK, DE
- REGISTER NOW (on-site classes)
- UD alumni discount or military discount is available, representing a 15% discount when enrolling in this program.
- GBCA (General Building Contractors Association, Inc.) members receive a 15% discount.
- Only one discount may be applied per enrollment.
- To apply discounts, contact Delaware Valley Safety Council directly at 1-856-558-8797 or email@example.com.
Registration for online offerings is no longer available on this site. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Safety Training programs:
- Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers (COSM) Course
- SAF Frontline Safety Training (formerly called Safe Supervisor)
- back to Occupational Safety Training home