UD Math Placement Exam for nonmatriculated, CEND students
>> ARE YOU A NEW INCOMING MATRICULATED UD STUDENT? Click here for Math Placement Exam instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NON-DEGREE/NONMATRICULATED STUDENTS
The following steps are for non-degree students only. Incoming UD-admitted students should follow the instructions emailed to them and consult the Math Department website for further information.
The Math Placement Exam is proctored and administered using the software program ALEKS, which tests algebra and pre-calculus skills, including trigonometry. Individuals have up to three opportunities to take the test and obtain a score that accurately reflects their math skills. If the exam is taken more than once, there are required prep and learning modules between the second and third attempts that allow for review of key concepts.
ONE – Creating an ALEKS Math Placement Exam account prior to taking the exam:
- You must have a UD student record in order to take the ALEKS Math Placement Exam.
- If you do not have a student record, please complete the University of Delaware Quick Bio form, and contact the Student Services ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843 or email@example.com for assistance with creating your UD email credentials.
- Once you have a UD student record and email credentials, log into ALEKS to create an account at https://www.mathsci.udel.edu/courses-placement/ud-math-placement/start-the-process.
- The fee to create an account is $25. You may pay this with a credit card when you register in ALEKS.
- Once you create an account, you have access to the system for 6 months.
- More information on the Math Placement Exam, including details on determining your math placement goal are at https://www.mathsci.udel.edu/courses-placement/ud-math-placement.
TWO – Taking the Math Placement Exam:
- Once you created an account, you are ready to schedule the proctored exam.
- Please contact the ACCESS Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to schedule this. When you email the office, please include your name and UD ID number in the email. The ACCESS Center will reply with specific instructions.
- After you have obtained the score you desire, you are able to submit an online registration request form for the Math course in which you would like to enroll. Please include your Math Placement Score(s) in the “Additional Registration Instructions” box on the form.
Contact the ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843 or email@example.com.