A free information session highlighting Spring 2020 professional development programs will be held Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 6-8 p.m. at the University of Delaware’s STAR Campus in Newark.
Professional Development Information Session
Jan. 15, 6-8 p.m.
New programs highlighted at the event include infrared thermography certification, focusing on the use of handheld and drone infrared thermography for business, public safety and scientific applications; as well as new courses covering real estate law and elder law and wills.
Hosted by UD’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies at UD’s new multimedia Audion space in the Tower at STAR, the information session provides high-level program overviews and gives prospective students opportunities to network with faculty and program graduates so they can ask questions and learn more about the programs.
Representatives will be on hand to discuss the following short-term programs focused on helping professionals advance in their careers:
- Advanced Social Media Marketing Certificate (delivered online)
- Advanced Telehealth Coordinator Certificate (delivered online)
- Analytics: Optimizing Big Data Certificate
- Business Analysis Certificate
- Clinical Trials Management Certificate (delivered online)
- Coding Bootcamp (.NET/C# or Java)
- Design Thinking Workshop
- Digital Marketing Short Courses
- Infrared Training and Certification
- Management Essentials for Emerging Leaders
- Microsoft Excel (fundamentals and advanced)
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Occupational Safety (COSS, COSM)
- Paralegal Institute (Paralegal Certificate, Advanced Paralegal Seminar Series)
- PMP/CAPM Project Management Exam Prep Program
- Professional Drone Pilot Training Programs (beginner to advanced)
- Project Management Certificate
Most programs can be completed in about three months, with classes held at UD’s Arsht Hall in Wilmington or on UD’s Newark campus. Some programs include online sessions or are offered totally online.
Payment plans, discounts or scholarships are available for most programs and include military, group, early registration and professional association discounts.