Become a safety leader in your workplace
Achieving an injury-free workplace takes more than a catchy phrase or one individual championing the cause. It takes a team effort. All workers need to be engaged in the safety culture. Safety leaders understand the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce, and often wish that frontline supervisors understood this as well.
SAF Frontline Safety Training is a 3-day course designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the bigger picture of safety, and his or her role in creating a safer work environment. The SAF Frontline Safety Training course is designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce. By learning how to promote safety on a job site, SAF graduates have the knowledge to help lower fatalities, near misses and OSHA citations. Offered in partnership with the Delaware Valley Safety Council.
- Description of how exposures to hazards can lead to accidents.
- Performance of a worksite analysis.
- Recognizing hazards.
- Determining what potential effects an identified hazard may have.
- Determining what the OSHA Code of Federal Regulations say regarding an identified hazard.
- Determining how to control identified hazards.
- Communicating hazard-related information to personnel in the field and in administrative positions.
- Initiating an accident investigation.
- Understanding some of the psychology that drives employees’ “unsafe” behaviors.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program.
Now offered online!
Virtual courses are offered in real-time during live classes with our expert safety instructors. The week-long course features the same innovative and rigorous curriculum as our in-person training with digital coursework that includes daily compliance moments and proctored exams.
Students will participate in a live 6-hour online session via Zoom video conferencing each course day. Live sessions begin at 9 a.m. Eastern time (8 a.m. Central Time). After each session, students can work on their own time to complete daily exercises and readings. On the final day, students will participate in an additional 2-hour Zoom session to complete final graded activities including the final exam, final compliance moment, and safety presentation.
Participation in the course will require the following:
- Computer with reliable internet access (laptops and desktop computers only)
- Optional: dual monitor setup or use of multiple devices (computer and mobile device)
- Web browser
- Webcam and microphone
- Zoom videoconferencing
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
SAF Frontline Safety Training — ONLINE
Mon.-Wed., 9 a.m.-3 p.m (Eastern)
- September 28-30, 2020
- November 18-20, 2020
- The cost of this three-day online program is $649. Registration takes place through the Delaware Valley Safety Council (DVSC). For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional opportunity — Customized training for your organization
The SAF Frontline Safety Training course can be offered as a customized training program to help your organization achieve its training and employee development goals. This intensive three-day program can be offered on-site at your location, or on the UD campus, 501 S. College Ave., Newark, Delaware.
The cost of this three-day program is $1,399 per person for individual registration. To discuss group or organizational enrollments, please contact Lynn Fishlock, 302-831-8837 or email@example.com.
Additional Safety Training programs:
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Course
- Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers (COSM) Course
- back to Occupational Safety Training home