Become a safety leader in your workplace
NEXT OFFERING — June 6-8, Newark, DE
LEARN MORE — View a virtual info session presentation
Achieving an injury-free workplace takes more than a catchy phrase or one individual championing the cause. It takes a team effort. All workers need to be engaged in the safety culture. Safety leaders understand the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce, and often wish that frontline supervisors understood this as well.
SAF Frontline Safety Training is a 3-day course designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the bigger picture of safety, and his or her role in creating a safer work environment. The SAF Frontline Safety Training course is designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce. By learning how to promote safety on a job site, SAF graduates have the knowledge to help lower fatalities, near misses and OSHA citations. Offered in partnership with the Delaware Valley Safety Council.
- Description of how exposures to hazards can lead to accidents.
- Performance of a worksite analysis.
- Recognizing hazards.
- Determining what potential effects an identified hazard may have.
- Determining what the OSHA Code of Federal Regulations say regarding an identified hazard.
- Determining how to control identified hazards.
- Communicating hazard-related information to personnel in the field and in administrative positions.
- Initiating an accident investigation.
- Understanding some of the psychology that drives employees’ “unsafe” behaviors.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program.
On-site participation guidelines — This on-site program follows UD health protocols designated for UD events, no matter the location on or off campus. Full vaccination continues to be encouraged for all participants. Guidelines are subject to change in accordance with UD health guidelines in effect at the time of this program’s start date. For details, visit https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/.
Registration and fees
ON-SITE, NEWARK, DE – SAF Frontline Safety Training
SCHEDULE: June 6–8, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern (Mon.-Wed.), NEWARK, DE
LOCATION: UD Professional & Continuing Studies, 501 South College Ave., Newark, DE
REGISTRATION COST: $1,399, all course materials included.
- REGISTER NOW (in-person class)
- For questions about registration—contact the DVSC at 1-856-558-8797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for online offerings is no longer available on this site. For more information contact email@example.com.
Additional opportunity — Customized training for your organization
The SAF Frontline Safety Training course can be offered as a customized training program to help your organization achieve its training and employee development goals. This intensive three-day program can be offered on-site at your location, or on the UD campus, 501 S. College Ave., Newark, Delaware.
The cost of this three-day program is $1,399 per person for individual registration. To discuss group or organizational enrollments, please contact Lynn Fishlock, 302-831-8837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Safety Training programs:
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Course
- Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers (COSM) Course
- back to Occupational Safety Training home