Tuition-free Degree Completion for Delaware Residents 60 or Over
The Over-60 Tuition Free Degree Program reflects the University of Delaware’s commitment to encouraging adults to continue their studies on a part-time or full-time basis. To be eligible for free undergraduate or graduate tuition, Delaware citizens aged 60 or over must apply for admission to the University and be admitted.
- Registration for classes through the Over-60 Tuition Free Degree Program takes place on a space-available basis.
- Participants are responsible for buying textbooks and paying fees for services, such as housing and dining.
- Students taking classes as Continuing Education students are not eligible.
Application for admission should be made as soon as possible for the upcoming semester, as the admissions process may take six to eight weeks after receipt of all required application materials.
- Applicants to the Over-60 Tuition Free Degree Program should complete and submit the online Over-60 Undergraduate Application form.
- For fall admission, please submit application materials by June or July.
- For spring admission, please submit application materials by November or December.
- Over-60 Program applicants are expected to have earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, the SAT and other standardized tests are not required.
- Applicants with prior college work should request an official transcript(s) from the institution(s) be sent directly to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
For more information, you are encouraged to contact the ACCESS Center to schedule an appointment to speak with an academic advisor.
If you are age 60 or older, a Delaware resident and wish to pursue a tuition-free graduate degree, please follow this graduate application process:
- Obtain information about graduate degree programs by visiting the Office of Graduate and Professional Education online. An online inquiry form is provided to request additional information about each of the programs. Each graduate department responds to its own inquiries.
- ACCESS advisors are available to answer questions or assist with exploration of majors.
- Applicants should follow the application process specific to their program of interest and submit the online graduate application.
- If accepted into a graduate degree program, the application fee and subsequent tuition for the courses will be waived.