Registering for Noncredit Programs and Courses
To register for any of the noncredit courses or programs offered by the University of Delaware’s Division of Professional and Continuing studies, please view the course’s or program’s details and follow the web-based registration and checkout process.
Registration for Credit Courses
Whether you are interested in taking individual courses to fulfill personal, educational or professional goals or looking to take classes prior to admission or readmission to a degree program, you may enroll in UD courses as a non-admitted student. You do not need to be officially admitted to the University to take credit courses. As long as you meet course requisites, many University of Delaware courses are available to non-admitted students on a space available basis. Non-admitted students are designated as Continuing Education Non-Degree (CEND) if they are taking undergraduate courses or as Graduate College Non-Degree (GCND) if they are taking graduate courses. High school students interested in taking college courses are required to speak with an ACCESS Center advisor prior to enrollment. Please contact the ACCESS Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-8843 to arrange an appointment with an advisor.
Steps to enroll in courses
1. View course offerings for upcoming terms.
- Undergraduate courses – 100-400 level
- Graduate courses – 500-800 level
2. Review information regarding current tuition and fees.
*Please note that non-degree students (CEND and GCND) are not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA)
3. Familiarize yourself with important academic dates for the term, including enrollment dates, term start and end dates and change of registration deadlines.
4. Make sure you have an active UD student record.
- Complete the online Quick Bio form to establish your UD student record.
- It is recommended to use a laptop or desktop computer, if possible, to complete the form.
- If you receive an error message when completing the form, you may already have a student record. Please contact the ACCESS Center at email@example.com or 302-831-8843 to verify your information and receive assistance with the next steps.
- Upon completing the form, your student record will be activated and you will be assigned a UD ID number. It is important to make note of this information and retain it since you will need this in the future.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request activation.
- In your email, please include your UD ID number, term for which you would like activation, your current residency status (Delaware resident or non-resident) and whether you are interested in taking undergraduate or graduate courses.
- You should already have an active student record.
- Please follow the steps to be enrolled in courses.
5. Enroll in courses once registration is available.
- Register yourself online at udel.edu/udsis-student by logging into your student record with your username or UD ID number and password. Please note that students are not able to enroll themselves in courses which require permission or have course requisites unless the requisites are listed on their UD record.
- If you would like assistance with the registration process, submit a registration request form to the ACCESS Center.
- If you are interested in taking courses that require permission, please have this emailed to email@example.com.
- If you are interested in taking courses that require prerequisite or co-requisite coursework, please email a copy of your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org after you submit the registration request form. Your previous coursework will be evaluated to verify that requisites have been satisfied.
- After your request has been processed, you will be sent email confirmation.
- Admitted students interested in enrolling in odd-numbered online sections of PCS-administered courses during the winter and summer, please consult the information regarding eligibility. If you meet eligibility criteria, please submit the online registration request form to the ACCESS Center.
- Once your registration appointment is available and your request has been processed, you will be sent email confirmation.
Steps for getting started once enrolled
- Log in to your student record with your UD email username or UD ID number and password at udel.edu/udsis-student. Once logged in to your student record, click on Courses and Enrollment to view your schedule.
- If you have difficulty logging in to your record or have questions regarding your course schedule, please email the ACCESS Center at email@example.com.
- Bills are sent electronically to the email address on your UDSIS student record, so it is very important that you have an active, accurate billing email address.
- Even if you do not receive an e-bill, you are responsible for paying your tuition and fees by the first day of classes for the term.
- To pay, please follow the instructions. If you have a third-party payment, are using a UD fee waiver or have an approved loan, you need to indicate this on your financial record in UDSIS. Instructions for completing a financial clearance are found at this link.
- Additional information regarding payment may be found at My Finances.
- Non-degree students (CEND and GCND) are not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA).
- The deadline to drop courses and not be held responsible for the tuition and fees is the last day of the Drop/Add Period. You may drop your courses yourself from your UDSIS student record or contact the ACCESS Center for assistance.
- You will not be automatically dropped from courses which are not attended or paid for by the Drop/Add deadline. You are responsible for dropping courses yourself or seeking assistance with being dropped by the deadline.
- After the Drop/Add deadline, you may withdraw up to the designated deadline; however, tuition and fees will not be refunded.
- Important dates for the upcoming term and the University’s full academic calendar can be found at www1.udel.edu/registrar/cal/.
- You are responsible for reading your UD email.
- University correspondence is sent to your UD email, and any correspondence with the University should be initiated through this email account.
- You may access your UD email, once set up, by clicking the “email” link from the yellow Quick Links box at www.udel.edu.
- The University of Delaware uses Canvas as its learning management system for online courses.
- Courses are published and available to students on Canvas by the first day of the term.
- If you are taking a PCS-administered online course (section numbers 150-159 and 190-195), you will receive an email from the UD Online Office. Please review additional information regarding these courses.
- An orientation for Canvas is available; it is not accessible using the Canvas Student app and will not appear on the Canvas dashboard. If using a smartphone or tablet to navigate the site, you should launch the site in either Chrome or Safari.
- Watch a video and read about tips for online learning.
- Check out tips for succeeding in classes online from the Office of Academic Enrichment.
Have questions or would like to speak with an advisor?
The ACCESS Center staff is happy to help. For assistance or to schedule an appointment to speak with an advisor, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-8843.