Develop essential test-taking skills in an extended format
The SAT Live-Online Ultimate course is a 40-hour test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for the SAT. The extended format immerses students in content review and test-taking strategies. Three proctored practice tests allow students to get a feel for the test, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and receive feedback on questions they find challenging. In addition to the time spent in the classroom, students are given access to online office hours and recordings of the workbook modules for at-home review.
Students generally take the SAT during the junior year of high school. This course is ideal for rising juniors who are taking the test for the first time, for seniors and other high school students who have already taken the exam but wish to improve their scores, and for younger students who are curious about or want early preparation for the SAT.
- What does the class include?
- Topics covered
- Financial aid available
- System requirements
- Course materials
- UD’s test-optional admissions policy
- Partnering with ETC
- Interested in UD undergraduate programs?
- For more information
- 30 hours of expert classroom instruction in a live-online format
- 10 hours of proctored practice tests
- Course textbook: The Official SAT Study Guide from College Board
- Real SAT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Online office hours
- Module recordings by topic
- Recorded class sessions
- Unlimited access to recorded class sessions and other online resources until the end of the calendar year
- Flexibility of attending from anywhere with minimal technology requirements
- Real-time interaction with expert instructors
- Class can be retaken within one year at a 50% discount
- Introduction to the SAT
- Question formats
- Time management
- Process of elimination
- Informed guessing
- Solution strategies
- Equations and inequalities
- Fractions, percentages and averages
- Rates, ratios and proportions
- Analytic and coordinate geometry
- Euclidian geometry and trigonometry
- Word problems
Reading and writing subjects
- Punctuation and grammar
- Writing structure and organization
- Critical reading
- Reading comprehension
- Graphical interpretation
Need-based financial aid is available for students enrolling in the ACT, SAT, GRE, LSAT or GMAT test prep programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to submissions received at least three weeks prior to the applicable course start date. — APPLY NOW
This program is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. The only requirements are high-speed internet access and speakers.
Course materials will be delivered to your preferred mailing address four to five business days after you have registered. Materials cannot be delivered to a P.O. box.
The University of Delaware adopted a test-optional admissions policy beginning with those applying to enter UD in fall 2017. The pilot program gives Delaware residents the ability to choose whether or not to submit their SAT/ACT scores as a part of their admission application.
The University of Delaware’s test prep institutes are offered in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC), a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, ETC helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the country. ETC provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.
- Returning in 2022