A One-day Event Focused on Defining Your Career Path & Building Your Professional Brand
Saturday, September 9, 2017
8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
University of Delaware – Arsht Hall
2700 Pennsylvania Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806
Want to sponsor or exhibit at Branding You? Click here to learn more!
Are you a looking to change careers? Do you have questions about your future career success? Do you need assistance in determining if your skills and education match employers’ needs? Do you want to improve your job search skills?
If so, start on the pathway to success by attending this one-day conference at the University of Delaware that will empower you with new insights, tools, and connections for your journey. Attend relevant career- and personal-growth focused sessions, network with coaching consultants and representatives from companies that are seeking new talent, and meet with professional coaches who can help you identify and achieve your goals.
The first 50 people who register receive a free copy of Nicholas Wyman’s book, Job U: How to Find Wealth and Success by Developing the Skills Companies Actually Need!
Brief, Powerful Sessions that Provide Immediate, Long-Term Value
- Was there Life Before Coffee? – Alisa Morkides, BS, MBA, Owner of Brew Ha Ha!
- Unbottle your Genie: Create a Buzz and Grow your Life and Business – S. Renee Smith, BS, President of S. Renee Smith (SRS) Productions, Inc.; Branding and Speaking Coach for Bradley Communications
- New Pathways to A Secure and Prosperous Career in Today’s Skill-Based Economy – Nicholas Wyman, MBA, CEO of the Institute for Workplace Skills and Innovation
- Panel Discussion: What Skills are We Seeking? – HR representatives from various local organizations
- Career Options and Success Stories at UD and PCS
- The Power of Cross-cultural Competence in Today’s Workforce – Saira Mahmud, Senior Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist with Christiana Care Health System
- Top 10 Interview Questions – Gay Lynch, M.Ed., CEO, Thought Partners, Inc.
- Professional Networking 101 – Andrea Abernethy, BS, Career Minds, Inc.
- Job Interviewing Today: What’s Changed? – Gay Lynch, M.Ed., CEO, Thought Partners, Inc.
- Understanding Generational Differences in the Workplace – Jennifer Daniels, MSW, Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion, OEI (UD)
- Opportunities available to Assist with the Cost of Education – PCS business operations coordinator and UD financial advisor
- Cover Letters are Appetizers to Resumes – Peggy Smith, MS, Owner, Smith and Associates, Inc.
- A Career Change: Reality or Fiction? – Brenda Soto, MBA, Brenda Soto Associates
- Talking about Yourself and Your Work with Clarity and Confidence (at work and for job interviews) – Rae Cook, MA, President, Rae Cook & Associates, Inc.