Organizations from Delaware and around our region turn to the University of Delaware’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies (UD PCS) for customized training programs designed to meet their specific needs.
Read about some of our UD PCS customized program participants’ and clients’ experiences.
Customized training meets organizations’ specific needs
“We looked at [training] programs that were kind of off the shelf and partly met our needs and partly didn’t,” said Lee Mikles, co-proprietor of Grain Craft Bar and Kitchen in Newark. In preparation for Grain’s customized training program, UD’s customized training director visited all three establishments and shadowed employees. Said Mikles, “They really made the investment to understand what we truly need and offer us something that was tailored to our group.” [Read the full article.]
VA secretary applauds UD-VA partnership
UD’s Patient Experience Academy (PXA) is a multidisciplinary collaboration between three UD colleges as well as the Division of Professional and Continuing Studies. Former VA Secretary Robert Wilkie credited the program for fostering a culture of acceptance and making sure all of the people who work for the VA understand the language of service. [Read the full article.]
More participant comments from a variety of programs
- “I was given the overall confidence to implement and make the change happen in our company. We have already adopted my change plan and great things have come from it. This class allowed me to take my thoughts and visions and present and follow through with them in a professional manner that is only going to improve all aspects of [our company].”
- “This was very thorough, I learned a lot, and the instructors were excellent.”
- “I think with the tools I was given, I could present this change to upper management and feel confident! I really enjoyed all modules, and found it to be super helpful, in my position as a general manager.”
- “This program [PocketMBA] really made me think critically about what it means to be a leader and the ways in which change in a group or organization can be accomplished.”
- “The power and influence, leadership, strategic decision making and entrepreneurial thinking sections are immediately useful. Accounting and finance help me better understand organizational decisions.”
- “Instructor delivery of material was precise, deliberate, and informative. Good practice examples to do along with instructor.”