Move toward a teaching career
Trying to get into a teacher preparation or certification program? The Praxis Core Reading 5713 Exam and Praxis Core Writing 5723 Exam assess reading comprehension and written communication skills. The exams are required or accepted for admission into many teacher prep programs and for teacher certification in most states. Praxis Core Reading and Writing 5713/5723 On-Demand Online Test Prep is designed to help you improve your skills, confidence and score, all of which increase your chance of admission into the teacher preparation program of your choice.
Receive 120 days of access to expert instruction on the core reading and writing sections of the Praxis. This comprehensive course includes a review of the reading skills and writing conventions tested on the Praxis and prepares you for the questions typically seen on the exam.
- What does the class include?
- Topics covered
- Course outline
- System requirements
- Course materials
- Partnering with ETC
- For more information
- Access to online portal for 120 days
- Proven strategies
- Customized workbook providing topic review, strategy modeling and sample questions
- Instructor-monitored class forum
- Targeted skills practice
- Online office hours
- Flexibility of attending from anywhere with minimal technology requirements
- Class can be retaken within one year at a 50% discount
- Recognizing and correcting written communication errors that typically appear on the exam
- Correctly using and citing outside resources in research essays
- Writing an organized, coherent essay in a limited time
- Skimming longer passages for key information
- Scanning for key words in passages to locate relevant information
- Identifying and answering the types of reading comprehension questions that typically appear on the exam
- Reading introduction and overview
- Global questions
- Explicit information questions
- Inference questions
- Paired passages
- Writing introduction and overview
- Usage and sentence correction
- Sources and citations
- Passage revision
- Argumentative and informative (source-based) essays
For courses that are $500 or less, a refund minus a $25 processing fee will be given if the request is received in writing up to two full business days prior to the start date. No refunds will be awarded for withdrawals made less than two full business days before the program start date or after the program has started.
This program is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. The only requirements are high-speed internet access and speakers.
Course materials will be delivered to your preferred mailing address. Materials cannot be delivered to a P.O. box.
The University of Delaware’s test prep institutes are offered in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC), a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, ETC helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the country. ETC provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.