The University of Delaware hosts Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) programs in Dover, Lewes, Ocean View and Wilmington for adults 50+ to enjoy classes, teach, exchange ideas and travel together.
Structured as volunteer-based academic cooperatives, OLLI programs are open to adults 50+. Members can take and teach classes, with course offerings determined by member interest, as well as the passions and expertise of the dedicated volunteer member-instructors at each program’s location.
Five-, 10- and 14-week classes are created by members for members, with no grades, exams or educational prerequisites. Classes include art, history, languages, literature, science and much more.
Gift certificate memberships make thoughtful gifts!
Purchase a gift certificate now!
Why Join OLLI
- Rewards of volunteering
- “The rewards for volunteering are in many ways adding more to my life than a bank could hold. I am surrounded by people with like interests. I have new goals every day. My self-esteem has improved as well as my health and general well-being.”
- Continuing to live life to the fullest
- “We are committed to bring the fullness of our life experiences to share with others. I feel fulfilled, knowing that at age 84, I can still contribute, that I can play and grow, and that I can continue to experience delight. I find new opportunities to serve in ways that I never dreamed possible.”
- “Osher provides the opportunity to learn things I’d like to know about, to meet people I would otherwise not have met, and to benefit from both. I participate in the program because I want to stay active intellectually and physically, and Osher provides for both.”
- Great camaraderie
- “It’s the excitement of regaining curiosity about all things great and small, a new challenge, a celebration with many ‘wow’ moments, great camaraderie, knowledgeable instructors and shared laughter and memories.”
- “Each semester’s new catalog is a treasure. I find new and interesting course offerings and meet new friends and, of course, get to catch up and socialize with old friends!”
You might also be interested in