LSAT test prep course
Prepare for success on the LSAT
LSAT Strategy Workshop, FREE!
Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6-7:30 p.m., 204 Gore Hall, Newark campus
This free workshop will provide valuable information on preparing for the LSAT. Our expert instructor will share details about exam administration, subject matter, and scoring methods. You will have an opportunity to walk through sample exam questions and ask our expert any questions. Whether you are just beginning to prepare or putting the final touches on your preparations, UD’s free LSAT Strategy Workshop is sure to help! Register online for the free LSAT Strategy Workshop!
UD students and alums receive a 15% discount!
LSAT Prep Course
- April 27-June 8, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m., no class 5/18, 5/23, 5/25), $899—REGISTER NOW!
- July 11-August 10, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m.), $899
Gain admission into the law school of your choice with LSAT Test Preparation from the University of Delaware. Our intensive LSAT prep program includes 30 hours of classroom instruction from experienced exam preparation professionals. The easy to follow program uses proven techniques to simplify the LSAT. This program uses questions from actual LSAT exams, so that you know your preparation is as close to the real thing as possible. This program provides…
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are highly trained professionals. Our professional instructors know the LSAT and the law school application experience.
- Proven strategies: Our program was developed by LSAT experts, who have years of experience writing LSAT exam questions and preparing students for success on the exam.
- Superior materials: The LSAT Prep Course includes 20 practice tests. You will receive The Next Ten Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests and 10 New Actual LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading. Students also receive the LSAT Course Workbook.
Who will benefit from this LSAT Test Prep Class?
All American Bar Association (ABA) Certified Law Schools require a valid LSAT score as part of the admissions process. This course is ideal for current undergraduates, recent graduates, and anyone looking to apply to Law School. The LSAT is a paper-based test that is administered four times annually. We recommend that students take the LSAT Test Prep class as close to their chosen exam date as possible.
Join our emailing list to receive updates about the University of Delaware’s test prep programs when new information becomes available.
Logical Reasoning topics include:
- easy-to-apply strategies for solving each type of Logical Reasoning question appearing on the test
- logical concepts, including inferences involving conditional statements and the key tool of counterexamples
- an overview of the most common fallacies found in Logical Reasoning Flaw questions
Analytical Reasoning topics include:
- a taxonomy of Analytical Reasoning game types and tips for setting up each type of game found on the LSAT
- tips for quickly representing the game’s rules in shorthand, and for combining these rules into powerful “super rules”
- tips for using answers to previous questions to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices on subsequent questions
Reading Comprehension topics include:
- a full description of Reading Comprehension passage types
- a step-by-step approach to questions that concern the passage as a whole
- identifying key words in the question that indicate how to use the passage to find the correct answer
- recognizing the correct answer after narrowing the choices down to two
General Topics Include:
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
LSAT Course Plan
- Session 1: Introduction to the LSAT, Principles of Argumentation, Find Conclusion items, Analytical Reasoning overview, Ordering games
- Session 2: Ordering games, Statement Role items, Argument Evaluation, Explain/Resolve items
- Session 3: Ordering games, Grouping games, Weakener/Strengthener items
- Session 4: Grouping games, Flaw items
- Session 5: Grouping games, Assumption items, Analyzing Reading passages, Global Reading Comp items
- Session 6: Grouping games, Formal Logic Items, Local Reading Comp items
- Session 7: Grouping games, Inference items, Reading Comp review
- Session 8: Combination games, Matching Structure/Flaw items
- Session 9: Combination games, Strategy/Point at issue items, Reading Comp review
- Session 10: Analytical Reasoning review, Principle items, Reading Comp review
Fees & discounts
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for first-generation college students enrolling in the ACT, SAT, GRE or LSAT test prep programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to submissions received three weeks prior to the applicable course start date. Click here for the online application.
The cost for the 10-day LSAT Test Prep Course is $899.
Course number: 0728100
Several discounts are available; only one discount per registration may apply:
- UD alumni and student discount—A 15% discount available to graduates of UD undergraduate and graduate degrees, UD certificate programs and Professional and Continuing Studies noncredit programs; as well as current matriculated UD students (part-time or full-time). To apply discount, call 302-831-7600.
- Military discount—A 15% discount available to active members of the military as well as veterans. Please provide appropriate ID when registering. To apply discount, call 302-831-7600.
- Register now!
Textbooks and course materials
Official LSAT textbooks, study guides, diagnostic exams, and expert instruction are all included in the cost of this course.
This course takes place on the University of Delaware’s Newark campus. Detailed classroom location information will be sent upon registration.
- LSAT Prep Course, April 27-June 8, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m., no class 5/18, 5/23, 5/25), 229 Purnell Hall
- LSAT Prep Course, July 11-August 10, 2017 (Tues./Thurs., 6-9 p.m.)
- Parking options include UD’s Center for the Arts parking garage and UD’s Trabant University Center parking garage (pay-to-park rates apply).