Official Rules for Social Media Sweepstakes and Contests
The University of Delaware’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies (UD PCS) may occasionally conduct sweepstakes, contests, and/or other giveaways or promotions (referred to as “Promotions” on social media networks including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn.com, and Google+. Unless specifically noted otherwise by UD PCS, these terms and conditions (the “Rules”) shall serve as the official rules for any such Promotion conducted by UD PCS. UD PCS may terminate, extend, suspend or alter any promotion in its sole discretion.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Promotions are open only to those who are 18 years old or older as of the date of entry. Promotions are only open to legal residents of the United States, and are void where prohibited by law. Employees of University of Delaware, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in Promotions. Promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of UD PCS and/or the University of Delaware as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Promotion.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on dates and times specified on UD PCS Promotion-oriented web pages, social posts, signage, letter, emails, and other communication vehicles and/or in verbal instructions and other formal statements made by UD PCS representatives at UD PCS-oriented events. To be eligible, all entries for a Promotion must be received in the formats and by the dates and times indicated in written or verbal instructions.
- How to Enter: Promotions must be entered by submitting a social post to the approved social platform(s) according to the instructions established for each Promotion. If applicable, social post submissions must include the exact hashtags as described in the Promotion instructions. The entry must fulfill all Promotion requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Rules or the specifications applicable to the Promotion may be disqualified at the sole discretion of UD PCS. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules or the specifications of the applicable Promotion, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of UD PCS.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Promotion(s) (the “Winners”) will receive the prizes listed in the Promotion instructions. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by UD PCS, and UD PCS reserves the right to substitute prizes. No cash or other prize substitutions shall be permitted except at UD PCS’s discretion. The prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winners.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected randomly, by criteria-based judging, or by other means listed in the Promotion instruction. For random selection of hashtag-based social media promotions winner, UD PCS will manually scroll through a list of posts that meet the Promotion criteria and will choose the topmost post (i.e. the post that displays at the top of the user interface after manually scrolling). Winner selection will take place under the supervision of UD PCS. For on-site, real-time events/promotions, winner(s) will be notified via verbal announcement. For other promotions, winner(s) will be notified by social media comment/reply and/or social media private message and/or email and/or telephone within a reasonable time following selection of Winner. UD PCS shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize during the on-site, real-time event or, for other promotions, within seven (7) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prizes offered in Promotions is conditioned upon Winner’s compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT UD PCS‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PROMOTION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By submitting content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.) as part of a Promotion, You understand and hereby grant to UD PCS, anyone acting on behalf of UD PCS, and UD PCS’s licensees, successors, and assigns, the worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and fully paid right and license to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, images, social media posts related to the Promotion, hashtags, social media usernames/handles, statements about the Promotions, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering a Promotion, You represent and warrant that your entry (including all elements thereof) is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of UD PCS. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UD PCS from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which UD PCS may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: UD PCS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Promotions should viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond UD PCS’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotions. In such case, UD PCS may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by UD PCS. UD PCS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Rules. UD PCS has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Promotion, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, UD PCS reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless UD PCS, University of Delaware, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF DELAWARE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Delaware having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Promotion). You further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is UD PCS, 501 South College Ave, Newark, DE 19716, USA.
- Social Media Network: Promotions hosted by UD PCS are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media networks.