Ready to fly your drone?
- Join a rapidly growing industry
- Hands-on training on various systems
- 2-day weekend course in Newark — October 17-18, 2020 — CANCELED
- Discounts and scholarships available
Learn the basics of flying small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS). Topics include familiarization with various aircraft and system components, basic flight planning, safe flight deck setup and operations, basic flight maneuvers, emergency procedures, autonomous flight mode options, multi-aircraft mission design, and effective programmatic record keeping. Students will become familiar with and receive individual hands-on flight time with a variety of aircraft systems, such as the DJI Mavic, DJI Phantom 4 Pro and DJI Inspire I.
If you do not have an FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate, please consider registering for our Professional Drone Pilot: Ground School and FAA Part 107 Test Prep program along with this course. Enrolling in this class does not require an FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate, but it is encouraged. — LEARN MORE
- Who should participate in this program
- Course outline
- Learner outcomes
- What our students say
- For more information
- First responders (police, fire, rescue personnel)
- Insurance adjusters and real estate agents
- Reporters, film makers, producers, photographers, marketers, web designers
- Engineers, construction professionals, roofers
- Accident scene investigators
- Site and structure inspectors (tower, roofing, building, land surveyor, electrical line, oil and gas fields, agriculture)
- Construction estimators and project managers
- Aerial photographers
- Anyone interested in starting a UAS-based business
- UAS freelancers
- Emergency management professionals (federal, state and municipal level)
- Any other professionals or hobbyists using UAVs
Adam B. Ringle serves as president, CEO and director of UAS flight operations for Adam Ringle Consulting, which he founded in 2004. Ringle, who has more than 30 years of emergency services experience and 23 years of law enforcement experience, possesses an extensive range and depth of knowledge in law enforcement, security operations, emergency medical services systems and UAS flight operations. He serves as the chief consultant designing custom professional training solutions and emergency response programs for both government and private entities alike, and specializes in workplace violence prevention, custom active shooter mitigation solutions and complex UAS flight program management. A certified level 3 thermographer, licensed fixed wing pilot, and UAS remote pilot and instructor delivering both training and operational support to clients, he provides expert witness services and maintains an array of emergency services certifications and licenses to best serve his client base.
- Course Welcome and Introductions
- Flight Software Application overview
- Flight Planning Overview
- Flight Deck Set Up and Operations
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 1
- Emergency Procedures
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 2
- Autonomous Flight Modes Overview
- Hands-On Flight Training Session 3
- Debriefing and Record Keeping
- Perform basic flight maneuvers.
- Operate a variety of aircraft and their associated components.
- Utilize a safety management system in all areas of operations.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform minor system maintenance.
- This program is open to any participant age 18 or older.
- All of our drone pilot training courses can be conducted on-site at your place of business. In addition, we can create a customized drone training program based on your needs. For more information or to request a proposal for on-site training, please contact us via the form below.
- “I went in thinking about how I often see kids flying drones and this can be fun to do. The way they presented it showed me there is a lot more to it than I realized.” – Tavis Miller
- “I had been playing around with a drone for a couple of months and trying to do some self-study, but there are only so many times I can watch a video online.” – Brian Wagner
Power Up Your Career—free online seminars
- Taking the Leap: Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Elevating Your Passion into Your Profession
- Standing Out in a Competitive Job Market
- Getting Back into the Workplace
- Finding and Maintaining Motivation in Your Professional Life
- Learn more or RSVP now!