A Career-boosting Business Credential
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of business
- Earn a credential to advance your career
- Build a valuable toolbox of business skills
- Complete the program fully online or through a combination of online/on-campus coursework
- Earn University of Delaware college credits
The Importance of Business Skills
In almost every field or career, successful professionals are expected to know the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics and management. Being a highly effective employee requires an understanding of the basic disciplines of business. Increasingly, employers expect their hires to hit the ground running, and this means a knowledge of economic concepts, familiarity with the vocabulary and standard procedures of business transactions, and financial and budgeting savvy. Without this background, you may be missing the fundamental knowledge you need to get the job you want or move ahead in your chosen field.
Who should consider the Certificate of Business Essentials?
- UD students with majors outside the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics who would like to earn a business-related certificate to complement their bachelor’s degree
- Returning adult students or working professionals who are interested in building their business credentials
You can complete the Certificate of Business Essentials through online or a combination of online and classroom courses. Online study offers a flexible solution for students who wish to continue their education but whose schedule, geographic location or personal responsibilities make attending in-person classes difficult. At least one course in the certificate will be scheduled each term, including Summer Session and Winter Session. In-classroom sections will be held on the University’s Newark campus.