Criteria for Consideration for a Professional and Continuing Studies Scholarship
- Individual is intending to take courses through Professional and Continuing Studies toward a University of Delaware degree program, post-baccalaureate non-degree credit program, or as part of a noncredit professional development certificate program. Please note: Noncredit programs which are offered by a third party provider, such as the Coding Bootcamp, are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Individual has substantial verified financial need as dictated by federal income guidelines – typically, less than $39,000 for a family of four or $19,000 for an individual.
- Individual is considered independent for tax purposes (not claimed by someone else, such as a parent, on income taxes).
- Individual is in good academic standing.
- Individual is not currently admitted in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Individual is a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Individuals with third-party funding through the Department of Labor or the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation must pursue funding through these sources prior to being considered for a scholarship and provide proof that funding has been denied.
- Individuals with employee tuition benefits or employer reimbursement are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Individuals are only eligible to be awarded the scholarship one time.
- Provide a copy of Pages 1 and 2 of your most recent federal tax form 1040. If you are currently unemployed, provide documentation that confirms your current employment status.
- If you have previously attended a college or university other than the University of Delaware, please provide copies of your unofficial transcripts.
- If you have never attended college and have graduated from high school within the last five years, provide an unofficial copy of your high school record.
Applications and required documentation may be submitted via mail, fax or email:
As we are currently operating remotely, please email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to accept postal mail or faxes at this time.
- Scholarship Committee, ACCESS Center, 501 S. College Ave., Newark, DE 19716
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 302-831-2789
Individuals who meet the above criteria should complete the scholarship application, which can be downloaded or submitted online, and submit the required documentation listed above by the deadline. Application deadlines may be found at: