A Career-boosting Business Credential
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of business
- Earn a credential to advance your career
- Build a valuable toolbox of business skills
- Combine online and on-campus courses to complete, or all on-campus
- Earn University of Delaware college credits
The Importance of Business Skills
In almost every field or career, successful professionals are expected to know the fundamentals of accounting, finance, economics, and management. Being a highly effective employee requires conversance in the basic disciplines of business. Increasingly, employers expect their hires to hit the ground running, and this means a knowledge of economic concepts, familiarity with the vocabulary and standard procedures of business transactions, and financial and budgeting savvy. If you are studying a field other than business or are returning to school, you may be missing the fundamental knowledge you need to get the job you want or move ahead in your chosen field.
Who should consider the Certificate of Business Essentials?
- UD students with majors outside the Lerner College of Business and Economics who would like to earn a business-related certificate to complement their bachelor’s degree
- Returning adult students or working professionals who have earned a degree (or taken coursework) in a non-business field who are interested in building their credentials
Hybrid Online/On-campus Program
You can complete the Certificate of Business Essentials through a combination of online and in-classroom courses, or all on the Newark campus. Online study offers a solution for students who wish to continue their education but whose schedule, geographic location, or personal responsibilities make attending classes the “traditional way” difficult. At least one course in the certificate will be scheduled each semester, including summer and winter sessions. In-classroom sections will be held on the University’s Newark campus.