The Digital Marketing short courses are designed for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of digital marketing strategies or who would like to pursue a career in these areas. Each module offers a strategically planned introduction to all of the core digital marketing disciplines. Upon completion of each module, participants will be prepared to undertake specialized digital marketing roles, as well as have a thorough grasp of the subject matter to pursue advanced courses.
ALSO IN SPRING 2020
Advanced Social Media Marketing for Business
Feb. 10-May 18, 2020
Participants can choose to enroll in any of the modules as needed or desired for professional development purposes. Taught by distinguished digital marketing expert Nancy Dibert, all courses are conducted online via the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform.
February 18-26, 2020
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
In today’s ever-changing landscape, organizations need effective social media marketing strategies to reach their full potential. This program introduces students to leveraging social media platforms to build and extend brand awareness, increase visibility, engage current and potential customers, cultivate brand ambassadors, gain new customers, promote growth, and support organizational goals. Students will learn the fundamentals and best practices for using social media for marketing on current, new and emerging platforms, including monitoring and listening, audience engagement, content curation, campaign planning and execution, tools and resources, and measuring results. Platforms covered include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of content marketing and how to leverage social influence to support organizational goals for communications, marketing, public relations, customer service, lead generation, sales and human resources.
- Discern and evaluate different social media platforms’ scope, audiences and organizational usage benefits and risks, and which to include in the marketing mix to support organizational goals.
- Utilize features on different social media platforms.
- Participate effectively and ethically on different social media platforms using current compliance, regulations and legal best practices.
- Identify best practices for managing social media platforms and tactics for increasing audience engagement.
- Employ social media specific writing tactics to create concise, persuasive content that supports organizational, communications and marketing objectives.
- Evaluate and employ social media tools and software to schedule content distribution and curation, and monitor social media conversations, mentions and current trends.
March 25-April 2
Wednesdays and Thursdays
Learn the fundamentals of SEO and how search engines work in this informative module. Garner a better understanding of why it is vital to align SEO objectives with overarching business objectives and how to use keywords and competitor research to build an effective SEO content plan.
- Distinguish between paid and organic search.
- Differentiate the key components of SEO.
- Recognize how search engines work.
- Evaluate different types of search queries.
- Identify components of a SERP.
- Discern and create SEO objectives.
- Evaluate short tail and long tail keywords.
- Conduct keyword research.
- Leverage keywords for SEO content.
- Configure technical components of a website for best visibility in search engines.
- Optimize on-page and off-page elements to improve rankings.
- Conduct SEO audit to optimize technical, on-page and off-page components.
- Differentiate between various types of SEO metrics.
- Use SEO metrics to measure SEO efforts.
May 6-14, 2020
Wednesdays and Thursdays
The PPC module covers the fundamentals of paid search and demonstrates how to implement and manage paid search campaigns using Google Ads. Learn the key concepts underpinning bid auctions, how to manage paid advertising budgets, and how to optimize paid search campaigns.
- Understand how consumers use search engines.
- Learn best practices for structuring a Google Ads account.
- Identify key elements of a Google Ads account.
- Distinguish between keyword research for paid search and SEO campaigns.
- Utilize an advertising budget using Google Ads.
- Recognize key concepts underlying the bidding process.
- Optimize paid search campaigns by scheduling ads and setting bid adjustments for audiences, devices and locations using Google Ads.
- Identify appropriate KPIs.
- Understand the benefits of conversion tracking.
- Distinguish between the key metrics for measuring the success of a paid search campaign.
For more information