Customizing spreadsheets for detailed analysis
- Enhance your existing Excel skills
- Learn to work with complex datasets
- Five-week live-online course — April 10-May 8 — REGISTER NOW
- Discounts available
- LEARN MORE — view info session presentation
This course introduces advanced concepts in customizing spreadsheets for analysis and requires a foundational understanding of working with datasets in Microsoft® Excel. Topics covered include customizing the ribbon, conditional formatting, data validation, the 10 most important functions used in the workplace, nested IF statements, macros, creating user forms, advanced charting, pivot tables and pivot charts, and the Analysis ToolPak. Students will work independently on exercises and short quizzes throughout the course.
Microsoft® Excel Advanced Concepts – Noncredit Course
SCHEDULE: April 10-May 8, 2023 — Mondays, 6-9 p.m.
PRICE: $495, course manual included. Potential discounts available, including: Early registration, Military, UD student or alum, 2 or more (group).
CEUs: 1.5 (15 contact hours)
- Who should participate in this program
- Learner outcomes
- Technology requirements
- For more information
Who should participate in this program?
- Students, recent graduates and other job seekers with Excel skills who wish to learn advanced Excel concepts
- Gain the skill set needed to work with complex datasets using advanced functions and formulas in Excel.
- Acquire an understanding of how to present data insights using advanced charting techniques.
- Learn how to set up forms for collaborative projects in the workplace.
- Prepare interactive pivot tables for distribution on a professional level.
- Learn the 10 most important functions used in the workplace
- Concatenate, Substitute
- Len, Trim
- Cell, Left, Mid, Right
- Upper, Lower, Proper
- Round, Roundup, Rounddown
- Convert, Value, Text
- Flash Fill, Auto Fill
- Please bring your laptop with Microsoft® Excel 365, or a previous version, and a charger to class.
>> REGISTER NOW! <<
For more information
>> REGISTER NOW! <<
Power Up Your Career — free online seminars
New “Power Up Your Career” topics coming soon! We are working on the Fall 2023 line-up of our Power Up Your Career seminar series. This professional development mini-program is open to anyone looking for practical and immediately applicable career tips and resources. Click here for details!