If you have been academically dismissed from the University and wish to continue to take UD courses, the ACCESS Center is here to help. We offer advisement, registration assistance and major exploration/career counseling for students wishing to take courses non-admitted status through Professional and Continuing Studies.
Taking Courses as a Continuing Education, Non-Degree (CEND) Student
- Students are permitted to take a maximum of seven credits per semester/session.
- CEND is the classification for students taking UD courses non-admitted status. Students may enroll in University of Delaware courses for which they have the requisites and which are not restricted. Courses are listed on the University of Delaware academic record and contribute to the cumulative GPA and total credits.
- Once students increase their cumulative GPAs to at least 2.00, thereby eliminating their deficits, they may apply for readmission to non-restricted majors at the University.
- Readmission into restricted majors may require a higher GPA and/or specific course requirements.
- Students are not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA) since they are not currently admitted in a degree program.
- Students may be eligible for alternative, educational loans, and the installment payment option is available through Student Financial Services during fall and spring semesters.
To get started as a Continuing Education student, schedule an appointment with an ACCESS Center academic advisor by emailing email@example.com.
Academically dismissed students are required to meet with an academic advisor before beginning to take courses as Continuing Education students. This initial appointment is a great opportunity for students to get acquainted with their new advisor and begin conversations regarding their educational goals and developing a plan for academic success.
Academic advisors provide assistance with:
- Support and resources
- Course selection and registration assistance
- Guidance on the readmission process
- Exploration of majors and career paths, including administering career inventories, for students wishing to investigate different educational options
- Criteria for Readmission into Restricted Majors
- CURC Procedure
- GPA Calculator
- Math Learning Lab
- Office of Academic Enrichment provides tutoring, online and in-person workshops, and one-to-one academic assistance
- Office of Disability Support Services
- Quality Point Deficit and Surplus Table
- Readmission Application and Instructions
- University Writing Center