UD Seal

Professional & Continuing Studies

Tuition assistance

Continuing Education students taking credit courses (CEND/nonmatriculated)


Summer 2017 application deadline: May 24, 2017
Fall 2017 application deadline: August 11, 2017

Continuing Education scholarships provide partial funding for a limited number of qualified applicants with financial need who complete the application and provide all the required documents by the deadline noted above. Proof of income is required as well as an unofficial transcript (if available) except for UD. For more information, please write to access-advise@udel.edu.

Private alternative loansNon-matriculated students are not eligible to use the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid form), so the only option is private alternative loans. The UD’s Office of Student Financial Services certifies the loans. If you have any questions about funding your education, you call the ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843. Examples of student loan companies are listed below:

Installment payment option

An installment payment option is available in the spring and fall major semesters to pay for University of Delaware credit courses. An installment fee is charged. Visit UD’s Office of Student Financial Services to learn more.

For more information, call 302-831-8843 or write to access-advise@udel.edu.

Part-time matriculated students (admitted to a degree program)

Part-time matriculated students who are registered for 6 or more credit hours are eligible to apply for all federal and state need-based financial aid programs. Details are available through the University of Delaware Student Financial Services.

Over-60 tuition-free degree program

Delaware residents who are 60 years of age or older and who become matriculated University of Delaware undergraduate or graduate students may take University credit courses without paying tuition, on a space available basis. For details, visit the Over-60 Tuition-free Degree Program.

For more information about any of these options, please contact the ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843 or access-advise@udel.edu.

University of Delaware • Division of Professional and Continuing Studies
Newark, DE 19716 • USA
Phone: 302-831-7600  •  E-mail: continuing-ed@udel.edu  •  Follow us: