Professional & Continuing Studies

Tuition Assistance for Credit Courses

Note: To learn about financial assistance for noncredit programs, please click here.

Continuing Education Students Taking Credit Courses (CEND/non-matriculated)


  • Continuing Education scholarships provide one-time, partial funding for a limited number of qualified applicants with substantial financial need who complete the scholarship application and provide all the required documentation by the deadline noted below. 
    Winter 2020 application deadline: Dec. 13, 2019
    Spring 2020 application deadline: Jan. 27, 2020

For questions or further information, please contact the ACCESS Center at or 302-831-8843.

  • External Scholarships may be available for Continuing Education students. Students may explore potential opportunities through the information and links at the Office of Student Financial Services under “External Scholarships.”

Private Alternative Loans

Non-matriculated students are not eligible to use the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. Students may explore private alternative loans, which may meet their needs. UD’s Office of Student Financial Services certifies these loans. If you have any questions about funding your education, please contact the ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843.

Installment Payment Option

An installment payment option is available in the spring and fall major semesters to pay for University of Delaware credit courses. An installment fee is charged. Visit UD’s Office of Student Financial Services to learn more.

Over-60 Tuition-free Degree Program

Delaware residents who are 60 years of age or older and who become matriculated University of Delaware undergraduate or graduate students may take University credit courses without paying tuition, on a space available basis. For details, visit Over-60 Tuition-free Degree Program.

More Information

For more information about any of these options, please contact the ACCESS Center at 302-831-8843 or