UD Employee Education Open House
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
11 a.m.-2 p.m., Trabant Multi-Purpose Room C
All walk-ins welcome—hope to see you at the open house!
Use your Education Benefits to Reach Your Educational Goals
All benefits-eligible University of Delaware employees can learn more about education opportunities available to them by attending the open house.
- UD fee waiver, tuition benefits explained!
- Professional development & degree completion resources
- Opportunities to consult with — Human Resources | Graduate Admissions | UD Library | Professional & Continuing Studies | Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Mini-presentations noon-1 p.m., including education experiences shared by fellow UD employees
- Refreshments served.
Take Advantage of Your UD Fee Waiver Benefit
Benefits-eligible employees may use their course fee waiver benefit to enroll in credit courses and many noncredit courses at the University of Delaware. Consult UD’s Human Resources/Benefits website for specifics on the Course Fee Waiver Program for eligible full-time and part-time employees.
Credit Courses and Degree Completion
- Credit courses are available during the day, in the evening and online.
- You may take credit courses for a standard letter grade or pass/fail, or take courses as a listener (audit) if you would like to attend a course for personal or professional development without completing the assigned work or getting a grade. (Consult with an ACCESS adviser for rules regarding using pass/fail toward a degree.)
- Courses taken for credit (standard letter grade or, in some instances, pass/fail) may be used toward completion of a degree. There are many undergraduate and graduate degree options depending on your goals and prior educational experience.
- For some employees, the Associate in Arts Online degree is a great option! It allows the flexibility of viewing course lectures and material online without attending on-campus classes. If you are interested in completing a bachelor’s degree, it starts you on your way—you will earn credits toward a bachelor’s degree while completing the Associate in Arts Online degree.
- Benefits-eligible employees may use their course fee waiver benefit on most of the career-enhancing noncredit certificates and courses offered by UD’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies, on a space-available basis.
- A modest fee is charged for materials and incremental expenses.
- Click here to see Professional and Continuing Studies’ noncredit professional development opportunities.