Earn an Associate in Arts degree through Online Study
The Associate in Arts Online gives students the flexibility to pursue a degree even if their schedules or geographic location prevent them from attending classes on campus. This liberal arts degree, which requires a minimum of 60 credits, represents completion of approximately half of a University of Delaware Bachelor of Arts degree. Most requirements can be completed online with courses offered by the University of Delaware.
Thinking about beginning this program?
Take advantage of academic and career advisement from the ACCESS Center if you are thinking about beginning this program, or even just taking a course or two. Contact the ACCESS Center to schedule an advisement appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 302-831-8843.
- Developing an educational plan: Before starting courses, you are strongly encouraged to seek academic advisement, free of charge, through the ACCESS Center to ensure your Associate in Arts coursework will have the greatest applicability toward your degree. If you are thinking of ultimately pursuing a bachelor’s degree, it will be especially valuable to plan ahead for those degree requirements.
- Transferring previous college credits: Previous college credits may be transferable into the Associate in Arts Program. To request an unofficial transcript evaluation, email the ACCESS Center at email@example.com. Please attach copies of all college transcripts and indicate interest in the AA Online Program. An advisor will email you to arrange a time to discuss the results and answer any questions.
- Getting admitted to the program: You may begin taking courses prior to formal admission to the University of Delaware. Please consult with an ACCESS Center advisor for information on taking courses and the criteria for admission.
The foreign language and mathematics requirements may be offered online through the University of Delaware but only during select terms. These requirements may be fulfilled through other means such as campus coursework, transfer credit from another accredited institution, or through proficiency/waiver. Please consult with an ACCESS Center advisor to discuss options for completing these requirements.
Learn more about the Associate in Arts online curriculum.
About Online Learning
- Online learning strategies
- Exam procedures
- Search for online courses at UD (use Location: SA-virtual)
- Tuition and fees
- Tuition assistance
- Technical requirements and support
Associate in Arts — on-campus options
Prefer to complete the Associate in Arts on campus? Check out the Associate in Arts Program (AAP) in Wilmington, Dover, Georgetown.