ProctorU is a secure, live, online proctoring service that allows exam-takers to complete their assessment at home. This is a convenient option for students who are taking courses at a distance. Students log in using their own microphone and webcam. During the spring and summer of 2021, the University of Delaware will be paying exam fees for students. Visit ProctorU.com to see how it works and review technical requirements. UD Online will assign students to test with ProctorU based on certain criteria. With ProctorU, you can take your exam from any private location where you have a computer with a webcam, microphone and high speed internet service.
How does ProctorU work?
For each exam, you schedule an appointment through the ProctorU service. At the time of your exam, you will connect by video chat with a proctor at ProctorU who will check your identity and help you through the exam process. They will be able to see your screen as you take the exam and help with any technical difficulties. For more information, visit the University of Delaware’s ProctorU Portal.
- You must have a valid government-issued photo ID available in order to authenticate your identity. Approved forms of identification are a driver’s license, military identification card, state identification card or passport.
- Exams must be taken in a private, secure location. Libraries and coffeehouses are not acceptable. No other people are allowed in your testing area.
No breaks are allowed during your testing session.
All cell phones must be turned off and put away.
Preparing for an Exam
- If this is your first time using ProctorU, create an account.
- Exams are available 24/7 through ProctorU.
- You can test your computer and webcam at www.proctoru.com/testitout.
- Schedule your exam at least 72 hours in advance. Be sure to provide a valid UD email address and a phone number where you can be reached when you are taking the exam.
- We strongly suggest a wired rather than wireless internet connection for stability issues. For those students testing internationally, we have recently had problems with internet access, especially in China. Do not wait until the last minute to take your exam. If you run into issues, contact ProctorU and they will help you set up a proxy server.
- At the time of your exam, log in at https://go.proctoru.com/session/new.
- PC Users: A well-working computer running Windows XP or higher with 1024 MB of RAM or higher
- MAC Users: A well-working computer running Mac OS X or higher
- A webcam with 640 x 480 video pixel resolution (webcams built into laptops or monitors are acceptable)
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer (your webcam or laptop may already have one built into it)
- A reliable high speed internet connection (minimum 768 Kbps/384 Kbps Download/Upload)
- Authority to allow remote access to your computer and screen by one of ProctorU’s proctors (Chromebooks are not compatible with this feature)
- Certain exams require additional materials and devices.
- Spring and Summer 2021
- To support online course continuity during the spring and summer of 2021, UD will pay proctoring fees with ProctorU.
- Charges are subject to change.