Take Advantage of Your UD Fee Waiver Benefit
Benefits-eligible employees may use their course fee waiver benefit to enroll in credit courses and many noncredit courses at the University of Delaware. Consult UD’s Human Resources/Benefits website for specifics on the Course Fee Waiver Program for eligible full-time and part-time employees.
Credit Courses and Degree Completion
- Credit courses are available during the day, in the evening and online.
- You may take credit courses for a standard letter grade or pass/fail, or take courses as a listener (audit) if you would like to attend a course for personal or professional development without completing the assigned work or getting a grade.
- Courses taken for credit (standard letter grade or, in some instances, pass/fail) may be used toward completion of a degree. There are many undergraduate and graduate degree options depending on your goals and prior educational experience. (Consult with an ACCESS advisor for rules regarding using pass/fail toward a degree.)
- For some employees, the Associate in Arts Online degree is a great option! It allows the flexibility of viewing course lectures and material online without attending on-campus classes. If you are interested in completing a bachelor’s degree, it starts you on your way—you will earn credits toward a bachelor’s degree while completing the Associate in Arts Online degree.
- Contact the ACCESS Center for advisement, course selection and registration assistance.
Using your fee waivers for credit courses? Follow these steps:
- Identify the course(s) you would like to register for.
- Once you have registered for the course(s), complete the BEN Educational Benefits Form found in UD Webforms.
- Complete a financial clearance with Student Financial Services. This is done by clicking on “My Finances” under the Finances tab in your student UDSIS account. Once you click the “My Finances” link, you will be on your financial page. You should see the balance owed for the courses (please allow a few days for the tuition and fees to be posted). Clicking on the pencil under “Additional Credits” will take you to a page with a drop-down menu. Choose “Employee Tuition Benefit” and follow the steps. In the “amount covered” box, enter the entire tuition except for the $30 registration fee, which users of fee waivers are responsible for paying.
- Benefits-eligible employees may use their course fee waiver benefit on most of the career-enhancing noncredit certificates and courses offered by UD’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies, on a space-available basis.
- An incremental fee is charged for materials and other expenses.
- Click here to see Professional and Continuing Studies’ noncredit professional development opportunities.