Earn an Associate in Arts degree through Online Study
The Associate in Arts Online gives adult students the flexibility to pursue a degree even if their schedules or geographic location prevent them from attending classes on campus. This liberal arts degree, which requires a minimum of 60 credits, represents completion of approximately half of a University of Delaware Bachelor of Arts degree. All course requirements except the language requirement and UD First Year Experience can be completed online with courses offered by the University of Delaware.
Thinking about beginning this program?
Contact the ACCESS Center to schedule an in-person or telephone advisement appointment. Day and evening appointments are available, free of charge, by calling 302-831-8843.
- An ACCESS advisor can work with you to develop an educational plan that fits your needs and goals. Our advisors are available to answer your questions and to guide you through the registration and admission processes.
- You may begin taking courses prior to formal admission to the Associate in Arts degree. An ACCESS Advisor can assist you with this process.
- If you are thinking of ultimately pursuing a bachelor’s degree, an advisor can help you identify courses which may be applicable to both degree programs.
Take advantage of academic and career advisement from the ACCESS Center if you are thinking about beginning this program, or even just taking a course or two. Visit the ACCESS Center online to find out how to make an appointment with an academic advisor or call 302-831-8843.
- Planning for your academic goals. Before beginning courses, you are strongly encouraged to seek academic advisement, free of charge, through the ACCESS Center. This will help ensure that your Associate in Arts coursework will have the greatest applicability toward your degree. If you are thinking of ultimately pursuing a bachelor’s degree, it will be especially valuable to plan ahead for those degree requirements.
- The First Year Experience (FYE) and Foreign Language degree requirements are not currently offered online through the University of Delaware. These requirements may be fulfilled through campus coursework, transfer credit from another accredited institution, or through proficiency/waiver. Please consult with an ACCESS Center advisor to discuss options for completing these requirements.
- Transferring previous college credits. Previous college credits may be transferable into the Associate in Arts program. Click here for instructions on receiving a free unofficial transcript evaluation.
- Program admission. You may begin taking courses prior to formal admission to the University of Delaware. Please consult with an ACCESS Center advisor for information on taking courses and the criteria for admission.
Learn more about the Associate in Arts online curriculum.
About Online Learning
- Online learning strategies
- Exam procedures
- Tuition & fees
- Tuition assistance
- Search for online courses at UD (use Location: SA-virtual)
UD Online courses take advantage of state-of-the-art online resources and learning technologies. Technical requirements include:
- Email access, high-speed Internet access
- Computer speakers and microphone/headset (required for courses with a live discussion component)
- Some courses may require participants to have access to specific software
- Technical support is available. If you have additional questions about technical requirements, please contact UD Online at email@example.com.