Best Practices in Distance Education
- Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education (Online Learning) Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- OLC Quality Scorecard Suite
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) provides free scorecards to evaluate the quality of online learning.
- Rubric for Online Instruction
Site offers review of baseline, effective, and exemplary criteria for the online learning environment, developed by California State University, Chico faculty and staff.
Online Resources for Distance Education Faculty
- The Online Learning Consortium (formerly The Sloan Consortium)
The OLC is committed to Quality Online Education. With UD’s institutional membership, faculty have full access to this resource.
The publications of EDUCAUSE examine the transformation of higher education through information technologies. With UD’s institutional membership, faculty have full access to this resource.
The MERLOT site (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching) provides multi-disciplinary digital online learning resources for faculty and higher education.
- University Professional and Continuing Education Association
UPCEA offers resources for online education, including quality standards, best practices and professional development. With UD’s institutional membership, faculty have full access to this resource.
- United States Distance Learning Association
National organization providing leadership and advocacy for distance education.