Faculty can utilize the services of the UD Online Testing Center to administer exams for student learning assessment in online courses.
Scheduling Exams with the UD Online Testing Center
The UD Online office will contact each instructor to request the coming semester’s exam dates. About six weeks before the start of a new term, the UD Online Testing Center sends out a faculty information form that allows the UD Online Testing Center to plan and schedule examinations.
UD Online students take their exams at the UD campuses in Newark, Dover or Georgetown or via ProctorU.com, a live, online exam proctoring service. Exam locations are determined according to residency and student status. Students must book their exams in advance.
- Dover and Georgetown – Exams given in Georgetown and Dover are administered on the Wednesday of the exam week specified for each course, as submitted by each course instructor to UD Online before the semester begins. Friday is added during finals week.
- Newark – Newark students take their exams at the UD Online Resource Center on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday during the exam week you designate. Depending on the academic calendar, Saturdays may be added for finals during the summer and winter terms.
- ProctorU – Students testing remotely via ProctorU take their exams on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday during the exam week specified for each course, as submitted by each course instructor to UD Online before the semester begins.
Submitting Your Exam
In order for your course exams to be duplicated and distributed to non-Newark students enrolled in your distance learning class, course exams are due to the UD Online office three weeks prior to the scheduled exam date. Please contact UD Online exam staff at 302-831-1500 or email@example.com with any exam questions.
Exam Rescheduling Policy
If a student does not take his or her exam as scheduled, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the course instructor for permission to reschedule the exam. No exam will be rescheduled by the UD Online office without approval from the instructor, which must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Faculty member’s name
- Student’s name
- Exam # being rescheduled
- Approval for student to reschedule exam
- Deadline for student to complete rescheduled exam