The University of Delaware is committed to enhancing and expanding students’ learning. Learn more about becoming involved in online and digital learning technologies.
Digital Learning Technologies
Are you looking for ways to enhance your students’ online learning experience? There are many tools and technologies available to University of Delaware faculty and students, including the following:
- App development
- Audio recording
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Live collaboration
- Design and maker applications
- Digital books
- Polling and quizzing applications
- Video conferencing
- Recording video instruction
- Film and video collections
- Website development
Visit IT Academic Technology Services to learn about the many digital tools available to UD instructors.
Resources and support available
- Academic Technology Services – ATS provides personal assistance for in-class instruction and online learning, including classroom recording through UD Capture, video conferencing facilities and software, classroom clickers and polling, instructional project development, video hosting and recording, and in-class technical instruction.
- Center for Teaching & Assessment of Learning – CTAL has a variety of workshops and resources for faculty, focusing on high-quality teaching, learning and assessment for all of UD’s students.
- Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education – ITUE offers workshops and other resources for problem-based learning.
- Do2Learn Maker Space – The Office of Educational Technology has a collection of resources geared toward K-12 educators, but many are also applicable for higher education. The Do2Learn Maker Space has 3D printers. Considering 3D printers are often found off-campus in public libraries, this technology could potentially be incorporated in fully online courses as well.
- Faculty Commons – Faculty Commons hosts a variety of events, including roundtables, tech workshops, diversity discussions, brown bag lunches, book clubs and more.
- Library Services for Online Distance Learning – Find out more about electronic access, film and video collections, and copyright compliance.
- Professional and Continuing Studies – PCS offers assistance with online course scheduling, management, state authorization compliance and UD Online proctoring services.
- Student Multimedia Design Center – The SMDC has sound, virtual reality and one-button video studios for student projects. The SMDC offers consultations on multimedia literacy, digital transfer services and other multimedia-related topics.
- University Media Services – IT-UMS provides the University community with the creative technical design, production and support for professional video production and audio services and classroom technology.