The development of a new, well-designed, asynchronous online course typically takes three months to a year. Below are some factors that influence development timelines:
- Whether or not the course already exists in a face-to-face or blended format.
- The instructor’s familiarity with the learning management system, Canvas@UD.
- The instructor’s experience developing and teaching online courses.
- Faculty workload and availability to develop the course.
- Whether or not the instructor collaborates with an instructional designer.
- Availability of teaching assistants to support implementation and quality assurance.
Contact us for more information or a consultation.